Google Sheets Search Rows Returning No Data

Hi,

I have just signed up to Make as I wanted something a little more advanced than Zapier. I am struggling to get my head around the Google Sheets Search Rows Action. I have configured a search but no bundles are being returned even though I have matching data in my sheet.

Here is how I have configured it:

I am searching for the term Paracetamol, which exists in my sheet:

However, when running the scenario:

The bundle returns no data:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Shaheed

NB: I have tried the search term with and without " marks.

Hi @Shaheed_Fazal ,

You said you tried with and without quotation marks, but it should be without. The module searches for that specific search term and is not expecting a "

Can you try that once more?
Otherwise try to debug it by removing the filter and check what kind of data you get. Then you can also test with a more exact search term and see what you get.

1 Like

Thanks @Bjorn.drivn! It seems to have worked. I removed the filter and tried a specific search and then did a more general search and it seems to be working now. I am not exactly sure what was the issue but removing all filters first seemed to help! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Bjorn! I’m trying to do something similar but can’t seem to figure it out. I"m using the Google Sheets Search Rows module. I’d ideally like to filter rows with a boolean search that the user enters. An example of a row value is “STRIP SKIN CLOSURE STERI-STRIP ADHESIVE 1/2IN X 4IN TAN FLEXIBLE ELASTIC ACRYLATE LATEX-FREE STERILE 6/PK ENVELOPE”. If a user enters search term “adhesive AND tan”, I’d like the Integromat scenario to return that value since both words are present. Is that possible?

Does something like this work for you @Gary_Stark ?

1 Like

Thank you, Bjorn. Yes…that’s exactly what I ended up doing. One issue is that with that example using “adhesive tan”, it’s bringing back rows that have the word “standard” because “tan” is found within “standard”. Do you know a way to avoid that?