How do I Preserve Bold Text from ChatGPT into a Google Doc?

I’ve got a scenario with a ChatGPT module. The response from ChatGPT is a list with some text that’s bold, but instead of bold text it’s putting asterisks on either side of the text (see screenshot).

I’m mapping this response into a Google Doc and rather than getting bold text in my Google Doc it’s showing up with the asterisks and it looks messy. How do I preserve the bold text so that when ChatGPT replies with bold text, it shows up in my Google Doc as bold text?

Can I do this with a text parser in Make and a script in my Google doc?

Hi @LaurenK
Workflow:

Google Docs supports HTML formatting, so you can use the Markdown module in Make.com to convert this text into HTML format.

Output:

Best regards,

Msquare Automation
Gold Partner of Make
@Msquare_Automation

1 Like

Hi @Msquare_Automation

I just tried that but it came in with the html in the Google Doc. I’m creating a Google Doc from a template and mapping the ChatGPT result in.

Here’s my workflow:

Creating from a template does not allow you to insert formatting, only variables in plain text.

You have to create the document from scratch if you want to insert a full HTML formatted document with formatting.

If you want to create a document from template and insert your own formatting, that is an advanced question for another thread.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any further questions or issues.

@samliew

P.S.: Investing some effort into the Make Academy will save you lots of time and frustration using Make.

1 Like

After the document is created from template you can try and use the get contents from document module to retrieve the html code. Then run another create a document module.

Hope this helps!

Hi @LaurenK
You can use download a doc module to get the html code of template doc and then replace the test_varible with the Markdown converted html code.
Workflow:

Markdown:

Download a document (select html format):

Set variable to convert the data to string:
Create a doc:
In my case I have added “[add]” variable to add new content there, so i am replacing the html code of this part .In your case it will be “test_variable”.

Best regards,

Msquare Automation
Gold Partner of Make
@Msquare_Automation