How to combine several attachment arrays into one array for notion and bundles for google drive

I’m a bit new to make.com and trying to build a scenario and figuring out how to get things done in here. Now I have come over a challenge I need to overcome:

My scenario starts with a Fillout form trigger.
The form has multiple file upload fields where the form sender, uploads their logos in different formats and if they are opting for a custom design they might add files for that as well. We have different file upload fields for each of these and also one for raster files and one for vector files for each of these.

Each of these comes in their own arrays containing a collection for each file with the two keys; URL and Filename.

Further down the line I’m uploading these files into three locations; a notion database and two different google drive folders.

The notion database property accepts an array of these fields. The google drive module seems to need them in bundles to process and save all of them.

How do I archive this?

I have tried to use the aggregator and iterator modules, but I can’t figure out how to extract the file arrays from the answers collection from Fillout.

The iterator only seems to take one array as input:
iterator

The array aggregator only lets me choose all the answers as input:

Was also thinking i could use the set multiple variables module and combine the arrays through the merge(answers.raster_logo_files ; answers.vector_logo_files) function there. Would that work?

Here is the scenario and the output bundle from the Fillout form trigger if that helps:

Welcome to the Make community!

Looks like those “files” in your data are actually URLs, and not the actual binary file data.

You need to use the HTTP “Get a file” module to download each file first.

Screenshot_2024-01-04_220119

If you want to create an archive of all the files, use an “Create an Archive” aggregator module:

2 Likes

In future, please create a new thread for each question. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answer. Thank you for your cooperation!

While it’s tempting to use an existing thread, a more effective approach would be to start a new topic just for your question. Why? It helps community experts find and respond to your query quicker, and keeps our space organised for everyone. If you start a new conversation you are also more likely to get help from other users. Thank you for understanding and keeping our community neat and tidy.

Let’s click that “New Topic” link in the top-right of the header and submit your other question there!

Screenshot_2023-12-19_091207

Thanks for your reply! I appreciate it a lot.

After testing some different options I was able to make it work by using merge(rasterFileArray[]; vectorFileArray[]) to combine the arrays in a new variable in the Set Multiple Variables module and get them uploded to notion succesfully that way.

In the future I’ll make sure to only post one problem for each thread. :slight_smile:

Best regards

2 Likes

Hello @MM welcome to the community :blob_wave:

I just want to quickly say congrats on making this work with the guidance of @samliew :clap:

Thanks a lot for stepping back in here and sharing what did the final trick with the rest of us. This is super valuable and can be incredibly helpful to many others who are looking for similar information :pray:

2 Likes