How to Create a Make API Key

In this step-by-step tutorial I’ll show you how to generate an API key for Make and create a connection with the Make integration module

1 Like

Hi @andyoneil,

Nicely done, I have a couple of questions that I hope you can answer as I don’t have access to the API due to me being on a free plan(You might consider adding that to the video as well since the API or Make app doesn’t work on the free plan).

1. As you mentioned, regarding the scope of the API key being generated, for eg, if I use scenarios: read as the scope during API key generation, will the Make app prompt to Extend the scope of the API key, If I were to use Run a Scenario?
  2. I am not sure if it is possible to do, so just want to confirm with you. If I am invited to an organization as a member, will Make allow me to use my API key to access the other organization that I am part of?

Thanks again, and really appreciate you recording the video.

Unfortunately no, you have to configure the API key for the scopes you need.

I believe so, my API key works for any organizations, from the same environment (i.e us1 or eu1) that I have access to. This is on your profile, so it should work across accounts you can access.

1 Like