How to delete a Notion database item?

I want to delete entries in the database that has a checkbox checked.

I created a scenario where I “Watch Database Items”, set Checkbox is true in the filter, then created a ‘Make an API Call’

URL: /v1/databases/{{1.id}}
Method: DELETE

But I get [400] Error parsing JSON body.

What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the Make community!

From your screenshot, it looks like the INPUT bundle does not contain any JSON data in the body (body is omitted). Could you please ensure you are sending valid JSON in the body field?

Screenshot_2023-09-29_100918

Could you please share screenshots of the module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can also export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

If possible, could you also please provide the input/output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then clicking the bubble on the top-right of each module, taking screenshots of, and copying the contents into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-08-29_100800

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

Yes, and to add to what @samliew writes:

1. It sounds like you may want to use this endpoint instead of the one you’re using, since you want to delete “entries in the database”, not the database itself.

2. and based on my experience, sometimes this error occurs when using the Make an API Call module in Make because of the “application/json” header. After making the change in #1, see if you still get the error message. If so, try removing that header

2 Likes