How to Price My Freelance Automation Services?

Recently, I created a new client onboarding system for my client, and it took me just 2 hours to build and test. I had a call with the client for a demo, where we played with some dummy data to check if the automation was functioning. The client informed me that they used to spend 4 hours onboarding new clients before implementing this system.

Later, during the discussion about pricing, as a beginner, I didn’t know how to handle the situation. Consequently, I provided this automation for free. Can anyone offer advice on how I should determine the pricing for my services in the future?

here is the screenshot of the automation i built:

1 Like

Instead of pricing based on how much time you spent,

First think of how much value your client will receive from your automation,

Then provide a quote based on how much value you are providing to your client, before you start work.

Once you start work, there is lesser room for negotiation.

It doesn’t seem like you are a beginner. The main thing to takeaway, is that you have to believe in yourself - that you can do the work, then confidently provide an estimate of the price. Reassure your client that if you cannot get the job done they don’t have to pay you.

For more information, see https://www.make.com/en/blog/how-to-become-an-automation-freelancer

3 Likes