How to upload new video to YouTube?

I’d like to pull a video file from Google Drive and post it to YouTube.

I know a YouTube module is coming, but can anyone point me in the right direction to do this myself via an HTTP or API module?

Welcome to the Make community!

Make doesn’t have an integration for YouTube yet.

If the external service has a Developer API Reference/Documentation then you should be able to integrate the endpoints in Make using the generic HTTP “Make a request” module.

If the external service allows you to register webhooks, then you can create a trigger to wait for incoming webhook requests in Make using the generic Webhook “Custom webhook” module.

You can also suggest for it to be made in the Idea exchange. Don’t forget to search for it first, in case someone already suggested it!

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m surprised no on else has published how to publish to YouTube via the HTTP module. I’ll take a look and see if I can figure it out.

The thing with downloading/uploading/publishing videos, is that there is very large amounts of data transfer involved, and you can easily blow through your Organisation’s monthly data transfer quota if you’re not careful.

This is the main reason why automating videos is not such a great idea, thus few may have attempted it.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks!

Hi @MakeItTillYouMakeIt

Explore the YouTube automation App here.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

Hi @MakeItTillYouMakeIt

You can use the HTTP module “Make an OAUTH 2.0 Request” as shown below using Youtube API.

You can also use custom app as explained here:

1 Like

Thanks, @Mohamed_Jahar !