HTTP Basic Auth Not Logging in

Hey I’m trying to use the HTTP Make a Basic Auth Request Module:

Ive entered my login credentials correctly under the username and password area under credentials

However im getting the following status code, I checked through the string and it seems like it was even able to login. How do i go about solving this?

Well it looks like this website doesn’t use basic auth then.

Basic auth is not what you think it is.

Basic auth is NOT the same as a website login form.

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

1 Like

Where can i learn more?

Welcome to the Make community!

If the external service has a Developer API Reference/Documentation then you should be able to integrate the endpoints in Make using the app’s universal module (Make an API call) or generic HTTP “Make a request” module.

If you need assistance in setting up the app’s universal module, or the generic HTTP module, please provide additional information about what you have tried with regards to the external service’s Developer API Reference – how you are setting the connection up, a link to the endpoint are you trying to connect to, and what errors you are encountering.

You can also complete this brand new course/tutorial in the Make Academy on how to use external APIs — API calls with HTTP modules

• API and Endpoints
  • Header and body
  • Multipart/form-data
  • OAuth 2.0

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

1 Like