Instant trigger: retrieving additional data

The docs here say that you can retrieve additional data for each bundle within the Communication section of the trigger.

The additional request looks like it’s being made to the correct URL, but returns a 403 (forbidden), even though it uses the same connection as all the other modules, and without the additional call it works.

This seems like maybe an auth issue, I tried adding the auth headers to this request but is still failing. What could I be missing? Thanks!

Instant Trigger → Communication
Without headers:

[{
    "url": "/files/{{payload.data.id}}/download-url",
    "response": {
        "output": "{{body}}"
    }
}]

With headers:

[{
    "url": "/files/{{payload.data.id}}/download-url",
	"method": "GET",
	"headers": {
        "x-api-key": "{{connection.apiKey}}"
    },
    "log": {
        "sanitize": [
            "request.headers.x-api-key"
        ]
    },
    "response": {
        "output": "{{body}}"
    }
}]

The call is being made to correct endpoint:

TLDR our webhook doesn’t provide the download URL of a file in the response, a second call to get the download URL must be made.

In Zapier, we can make the additional call behind the scenes in the Zapier repo to return the download URL from the trigger, is this possible in Make?

It should work just fine, I have done multiple integrations with it and have done similar integration before with such settings.

As from the screenshot, it seems like the API Key is not being forwarded, it should pickup those from the base settings. Maybe try adding a new connection and see if it works with a new connection. Sometime, while developing custom app, the connection doesn’t seem to be stable.

2 Likes

Thanks @Runcorn ! Tried with a new connection but still no luck. It works when manually passing in the API key to the headers object on the additional call, so I think you’re correct, so now we’re just stuck on getting it to inherit the connection :confused:

Hey @Michaela :slight_smile: I submitted another support request but wanted to check in here and see if your team can assist? The ticket # for reference is #632751. Thanks!

Hello @Allene_Norton :wave:

Thank you very much for keeping us updated on your progress with this. We located the ticket you have logged in our system and my colleagues from the QA team will address it as soon as they can.

Thank you very much for being patient with us :pray:

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile: just checking in again, any updates? Thanks!

Hello @Allene_Norton thank you very much for keeping us posted.

I want to genuinely apologize for the delay in processing and any misunderstanding that may have occurred on our end. I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you.

The issue requires deeper investigation and my colleagues will get back to you in the ticket you’re referencing once they get to the bottom of this.

Once again, I’m sorry for the trouble caused, and thank you very much for bearing with us :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you so much, we really appreciate your help!

1 Like