Issue with Creating a connection to Bubble.io

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on integrating make.com (formerly Integromat) with Bubble.io for a project.

Issue: When I try to establish a connection between make.com and Bubble.io, I’m encountering an error message that says “‘mytable’ datatype missing.” This error pops up during the initial connection setup.

Steps Taken:

• I’ve set up the necessary modules on make.com and have gone through the standard procedure to connect it to my Bubble.io application.
  • Ensured that all API settings and permissions on Bubble.io are correctly configured.
  • Double-checked the API keys and connection credentials.

Despite these steps, the error persists.

Would love to hear if everyone experiencing same issues, or solution.

1 Like

Hello @Hero_MVP_developer :wave:

Thanks a lot for bringing this up here in the community.

You probably went over this but just to double-check: regarding the ‘datatype missing’ error, did you follow the instructions outlined in our Help doc?

:point_right: link

:point_right: link

1 Like

Hi, @Michaela thank you for reply!
Yes, I made sure all setting at bubble side is enable.
I also double checked bubble domain name.

Could you check if bubble connection works on your side?

1 Like

Hi again @Hero_MVP_developer

Thanks for confirming that you followed the steps outlined in the help docs.

We are currently not receiving reports from other users experiencing issues with Bubble. All seems to be up and running on our end.

Since this might be an account-specific issue that requires a more in-depth investigation, I would suggest opening a ticket with us. The support team has the right tools to thoroughly investigate this and if necessary, they can potentially escalate the issue to the dev team.

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Hello, I do have the same issue here. Just tried it now and I am getting the same error.

Hello @Andrei_Lapusca welcome to the community :wave:

As mentioned above, we are currently not aware of any issues related to Bubble on our end.
Let me try to help, though.

Since the error message mentions that “mytable” data type has not been found under your Bubble account, please:

1. Double-check if you have the correct settings on your account or if it has maybe been deleted by accident.

1. Revisit your data settings by navigating to “Data menu”, and checking the settings for mytable data type. If it is not yet there, please create “mydata” type - guided steps are in Bubble.io API Docs or below in the response :arrow_down:

Once done with 1 & 2 above, you can go back to Make and create the connection again following the guided steps on our documentation page.

How to Set up Data Types/ mytable

• Step 1: Click the “Data” tab and under “Data Types”, enter “mytable” alongside “New type” and click the “Create” button as shown below:

• Step 2: Next, with “mytable” selected as the data type, click on “Create a new field”, enter “email” as the field name, and choose “text” as the type:

• Step 3: Under the “App Data” tab, click “All mytables” and create a record with your email by clicking the “New entry” button:

• Step 4: Expose the API endpoints and the Data Type and copy your Private Key.

Hope this helps.

If the error persists, please open a ticket with us so that the support team can investigate further.

2 Likes