LinkedIn post is shorter than output from make.com

Hi!,
I created an automation to get post from Notion and post it automaticly on LinkedIn. But it seems that make correctly send content to Linkedin, but Linkedin post only part of the text

Welcome to the Make community!

I recommend stripping all HTML tags and hashtags to rule out these possible causes first. Try plain text with no HTML or #hashtags, then slowly add them back in and see what causes the issue.

If you need further assistance,

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @samliew

I am having the same issue, it happens when the scenario executes automatically, but not when I run it manually

I will upload the screenshot, when it happens again

Please if there is a solution to this, assist

Hi, I’m having the same issue. I create a chatgpt output and use that for a linkedin post, and the output from chatgpt is like 200 words, but on the linkedin post it only shows the first 30 words or so. Have you managed to find a solution for this?

I’m having the same issue.

Did anyone find the cause of this?

Ok, I found it.

Sending a text post to LinkedIn get’s cut off at the point where you use round brackets or parentheses.

So if left everything else the same:

this will work
(this doesn’t work)

Seems like it’s a bug, but not sure where the problem is.

You have to escape special characters when sending content for LinkedIn posts.

For more information, see

samliew – request private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

1 Like