Make API 403 Error

HI guys,

I’m trying to get an Make Module API to work.
I am on a core account (paid)

I created an API with Scenario:Write checked (and only Scenario:Write)

I created a Make module to “Turn a Scenarios Scheduling On/Off”
Pasted in the API Token,
Inputted the environment URL (https://us1.make.com in my case)
and pasted the Scenario ID.

I get back [403] Permission denied: Access denied.

I am the owner on the account (also created a second user and made myself an admin and tried again, same result)

What am I missing?
I tried another token, this time checking admin:Write along with Scenario:Write, That didn’t work either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alfred

Is the scenario ID, in the same organisation as your Core plan?

Please provide screenshots of everything involved in setting up the connection and modules.

Don’t forget to redact the actual token from your screenshots.

Please provide detailed error messages from the DevTool.

If you have the Make DevTool Chrome extension installed, you should be able to view the request and response headers and body from each module when you manually run the scenario.

From the Help Center article about the Make DevTool:

Make DevTool allows you to debug your Make scenarios in a completely new way. It adds an extra pane to the Chrome Developer Tools. Using this new debugger pane, you’re able to check all the manual runs of your scenario, review all the performed operations and see the details of every API call performed. It also brings a whole bunch of new opportunities for Apps development. You’re able to check every call that your app has performed. Thanks to this extension, you can easily debug your scenario, see which module, operation, even which single response causes the error, and then get your scenario back on track. Try it out and let your scenarios shine!

For more information on how to install and use this, see https://www.make.com/en/help/scenarios/integromat-devtool

2 Likes

Thanks for the response samliew.

This is the first I learn of the Make DevTool so I’m off to read the tutorial
In the meantime:

Yes, the scenario is in the one the same org as the api key.

Scope

I will get the make dev tool info asap.

Thank you!

Update: (not 100% on the tool yet) but I get:
Request Header
{
“user-agent”: “Make/production”,
“authorization”: “***”,
“content-type”: “application/json”
}
Response Header
{
“date”: “Thu, 22 Feb 2024 05:31:20 GMT”,
“content-type”: “application/json; charset=utf-8”,
“transfer-encoding”: “chunked”,
“connection”: “close”,
“x-ratelimit-limit”: “10000”,
“x-ratelimit-remaining”: “9995”,
“x-ratelimit-reset”: “1708579915”,
“authtype”: “token”,
“api-version”: “4.27.0-hotfix.2”,
“cf-cache-status”: “DYNAMIC”,
“set-cookie”: [
“__cf_bm=xyKt90hjzgzvzQJr0Kk59E_n0UI_U.1mjpaF5Fphiuc-1708579880-1.0-AYGQ0vgAoJtg6y67v+4TIsY0XgWru8mIpVtSRasLsOIw8750hOVICNYJ50gkIflKExzLBn4FPqVeUjrco2gzL4c=; path=/; expires=Thu, 22-Feb-24 06:01:20 GMT; domain=.us1.make.com; HttpOnly; Secure; SameSite=None”
],
“server”: “cloudflare”,
“cf-ray”: “8594d79a7fa42069-IAD”
}
Response Body:
{
“detail”: “Access denied.”,
“message”: “Permission denied”,
“code”: “SC403”
}

Hi @TangoBravo,

It seems that the error message didn’t contain any additional useful information (like what scopes are needed).

I have used this module successfully before, so my final suggestion would be to try a connection with all the scopes, which was what I am using.

If the issue persists, please contact support for further investigation. If it works please let me know as well!

2 Likes

I should have thought have trying all permission api key before posting for help here.

Unfortunately, it did not work.

Again, unfortunately, contacting Make support means I will likely not get an answer or it’ll take 3 weeks to get an answer with a token response. (how do you think I know this?)

I’ll try it anyway and when (and if) I have a solution, I’ll post it here.

Thanks again samliew!

Alfred

Posting the solution here in case it can help someone else.

The whole API 403 error was due to me using the WRONG scenario number.

As an example, my scenario URL was:
https://us1.make.com/1636xx/scenarios/1234567/edit

instead of using 1234567 I was using 1636xx which I would not have permission for, hence the 403 error.

Once I used the far right numbers (1234567), all was good.

Hope this helps someone out and thanks to samliew for helping out.

Alfred

3 Likes

Heya @TangoBravo :wave:

It’s great to hear that you managed to figure this out, congrats :clap:
Thanks a lot for keeping us in mind and for sharing where the problem was. Much appreciated :pray:

1 Like