Monday.com module how to "Add a File to an Update"

i was hoping i could add attached files uploaded in a files column into an update
i do not know how to do it

Here is the Log

The operation failed with an error. [422] Validation failed: Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError [ Error Code: RecordInvalidException / Error Details: {“error_data”:“Validation failed: Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError, Resource Paperclip::Errors::NotIdentifiedByImageMagickError”} ]

Hi it is because the data you are sending over is not the data of the image but the assetId which will not allow it to work.

To solve this.

take the public url and use get a file and get the data of the file you can see this below

Then you should be able to map the image directly from the http call into your update.

3 Likes

Hi did this solve for you @RWDS

Please mark as solution if it did thank you!

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

Hey @RWDS

You need to first use “download a file” module from monday and pass the asset id to the module. Then the downloaded data you will need to map in data field of “Add a file to an Update” module or select “Map” module.

Regards,
Msquare Automation - Gold Partner of Make

Free Consultation | Live Implementation

Visit us here | Youtube Channel