Need to create a item if it does not exist and go back to the route - Converger?

Good day community members
I need some help. I have a scenario that creates posts on WordPress. The posts have 3 X custom taxonomies that I search and add them if they don’t exist via the rest API. Is there a way to go back to the route once the new taxonomy has been created and search for them again? The 2nd time the taxonomy will be there and the route will continue to the next step? see the example image

If not, what would be the best approach to achieve the posting of the post with the newly created taxonomies.

2 Likes

Use a router with 4 outbound routes. The first creates the post. In this route, you put a delay, like 20 seconds. In the other 3 routes, you check your taxonomies and create them if necesary. This way, your main route can rely on the taxonomies to exits. You have to try which delay time is enough.

I have a similar issue where I want to search through a Google sheet to see if a record is already there, create if not an update if so, but then in both cases move on to do same series of other things. I would love just a simple converger instead of this weird workaround. I’ll see if it exists in feature requests

It does exist, and I am not sure if it will be ever released :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

There are few workarounds for it, which you can find it here.

For your use case, I think adding another route in the router and having the first two route to just add or update row base on if Row ID exists and then the last leg will can be filterless and it will do the rest of the operations.

2 Likes

But if I add a third route and all bundles will pass the filters on either route one or route 2, since they either have a match in the sheet or they don’t, then no bundles would move on to Route 3, correct?

No, It will still go through Route 3 if you don’t specify any filter on it.

Huh! No kidding. I guess I thought fallback route was the default. Apparently not, which is probably why they have a checkbox for it! Thank you so much!

1 Like