Problem with Monday.com modules changing to new API version

Same here, many modules not working, im getting "IMLError

Function ‘mapAdditionalInfo’ finished with error! boardItem argument is missing.

Origin:
Make"

I tried to recreate modules on a certain scenario, to see if the fresh created modules will work, but they dont… I tried creating a new scenario just to test Get an Item’s Column value but it returns the same error. :astonished:

I’m trying to recreate the module with 'Execute a GraphQL Query", it works! (1)

But then it is a nightmare to take the data, they are so encapsulated…
I always struggle as the GQL module give me all the data I need (2), but then when I want to select the item, I don’t have them all available… (3)

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 05.13.10

any update on this matter? I’m definitely not gonna recreate the scenario using graphql. One reason was that I don’t really have any basic on coding accept copy pasting and digging the community

Hello everybody @here

Thank you very much for raising this matter here. Your insights are invaluable in identifying the root of the problem and resolving it as soon as possible

I just wanted to let you know that the dev team is aware of this issue. It is now their top priority to investigate this thoroughly and to fix the issue at the earliest opportunity.

I am keeping an eye on this and will share updates here as soon as they become available. If you prefer to get notified in your inbox, please open a ticket with us and our support team will make sure you receive automated updates.

We understand that this is frustrating and we sincerely apologize for the trouble and inconvenience this has been causing.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding during this process :pray:

6 Likes

Hi @CarlaK

It is better to replace native modules with GraphQL query for board search and Get an Item.

We have just completed the update a few minutes back.

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

This is quite a big issue, many of my client’s modules have stopped working. I am also unable to add new Monday modules from the search.

I feel a change over the weekend instead of Monday might be have been better.

Fingers crossed this gets sorted soon!

What I note, is when WooCommerce modules update, they had version v1 v2 v3, I was thinking maybe Make would do the same?

@Msquare_Automation why is it better? The only problem here is that modules are using the new version of the API without specifying the API version. When Monday change the default API version some time today, I fully expect things to start working again. Replacing modules creates a whole lot of work when this is just a temporary issue. The native modules also clean up the data making it easier to use.

I do have some GraphQL query modules for a couple of instances where there isn’t a native solution, but since I updated them to the new code (and version number) last week, they still work fine.

With the API change, I think the module output structure is going to be different, so may need to change everything anyway, unless they figured out a way to let 2023-10 output like v1?

Using GraphQL in 2023-10 the output is quite different.

Hello again @here

:rotating_light: Update:

Our dev team has identified the cause and everyone’s currently hard at work implementing a fix.

The status page has been updated: https://status.make.com/

6 Likes

@here

:rotating_light: Update:

We released the fix to all production zones and so far the monitoring shows all should be working. Feel free to share your feedback with us :pray:

Status page updated: https://status.make.com/

6 Likes

Do you mind sharing the root cause for this?

@CarlaK spotted that Make.com’s Monday.com modules were referencing the old api versions.

1 Like

My scenarios are alive now! Thanks

All up and running again here too!

@Michaela please pass our thanks on to the team for getting things working again.

All Monday Scenarios working as intended on our end :slight_smile:
Thanks!

@Michaela Thanks for the updates, all is looking good now!

That said, I will no doubt have to answer a stream of questions from my clients tomorrow morning (since we are Australia based, the issues impacted the whole work day for them), so can you shed more light as to why the API versions weren’t updated in line with Monday’s change.

My understanding is your partnership with Monday is a lot more closer than other apps, so I would assume there is more communication between the dev teams than would typically happen. Was there some miscommunication between the two companies on when the switchover would happen?

Hello everyone @here

On behalf of Make, I would like to once again apologize for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience and understanding while our team worked on resolving this.

Your support and collaboration helped us get to the bottom of this and resolve the issue.

@Supagood @CarlaK @LindaFuchs @D-EFFCON Thanks so much for letting us know that everything is back to normal. That is truly great to hear :pray:

Consider it done! The team sends their greetings and thanks. :pray:

We are currently diving deeper in order to fully understand what happened. Once we have a clear answer, we’ll share a summary with the community.

Thank you all for your continued support, understanding, and collaboration. :star2:

5 Likes

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

We had issues yesterday too, primarily with the Search Items by Column Values module. I was able to force through a few by using the “Run Once” feature, but it was pretty hit and miss. All seems to be working as expected today however. Thank you for the quick fix.

Would be good to know the cause and what steps will be taken to avoid this in the future.

My hypothesis at root cause is that make removed the specification of API version and began to rely on the “default” version of the API server on the assumption monday.com would make 2024-01 the default version at 2024-01-15T00:00Z which was not in fact the case. This resulted in the servers using 2023-07 as the default for requests that depending on 2023-10 or later.