Problems with VS Code and Plugin Updates

Dear Community,
I took over the responsibility of the approved App “SeaTable”. SeaTable is like a self hosted, european Airtable alternative but this is not important here.

Now I want to do some updates to this app and I have some super strange problems and I hope the community can help me:

1) vscode and web shows different things

As you can see on the screenshot VS Code and the web shows different things. The Base element and all modules are entirely different.

2) Changes are not visible

My understanding is that I make changes and these changes should be visible in the “my app” version, right? But that is not always the case. I can see a new module I created, but not these changes in an existing module.

I added this view_name and I changed the description text of the “limit” input. Both changes are not visible in the scenario editor. Is my understanding wrong?

3) I cannot delete a new module

I added a new module “test” but cannot delete it anymore. I thought that as long as I don’t ask for review, I can undo everything I did. Is this the desired behavior that I can not delete this module anymore?

In the manual it says:

You can safely add and test new functions and when they are stable, you must follow our guidelines to have the changes checked and released to users.

I found this in the manual at the section updating / approved apps.

https://docs.integromat.com/apps/updating-your-app/approved-apps

Is there any possibility to remove this module?

Thank you very much for your help.
Best regards
Christoph

Hey @Christoph_Dyllick-Br

You have some good questions here but I think I can help you a bit.

1. Not starting strong, but I’m not sure about this one. I see there an error in the console there, so this could be a set up issue. Could you please try reinstalling the plugin and making sure you configured it correctly. Please also try generating a new API key and lastly that you are on the correct environment.

Hopefully that gets things back in track!

2. It seems that you made changes to the Communication section, but you need to add this to Static Parameters as well, otherwise you cannot map the value in the module form to pass it on the request.

3. You can make changes at will before publishing an app. But once your app is approved, you cannot delete any modules. You can read more about this here.

I hope this helps clarify your doubts!

2 Likes

Just a short update to close this topic:
there were some strange bugs with the old version. It was necessary to create a new app and copy the code. In addition I did many improvements to the make.com SeaTable App to make it more flexible and robust.

Interesting parties can try the new version of the SeaTable make.com app with this link:
https://www.make.com/en/hq/app-invitation/9f540612d98414ee083db4b65733d93d.

My plan is that I collect feedback in January 2024 and then try to publish this new version by the mid/end of Q1 2024.

Christoph from SeaTable.

1 Like

Hello there @Christoph_Dyllick-Br :blob_wave:

This sounds truly exciting! I will keep my fingers crossed so everything works out fine and you can publish the new version of the app. :crossed_fingers:

Thank you very much for keeping us in mind and coming back here with the update. We appreciate you maintaining the community healthy and neat for other users.

Keep up the amazing job! :snowflake:

1 Like