Repeat filtered senerarios

Hello,

I have created a senaraio in which it will search rows in google sheets and get a row.

Some rows have a column with ‘posted’ in.

I only want it to get a row and move onto the next module if it does not have ‘posted’ in.

I set up a filter which is if ‘Column J not equal to posted’ it will move to the next module.

However If it is equal to posted I want it to search through the rows again and get a new one until column J is not equal to posted.

Does anyone know how I can do this because at the moment if Column J is equal to posted it will just stop the senario.

Hello,

you could set up a router module with two paths with different filters, one for column J equals “posted” and on for column J does not equal “posted”. This might not be the best option though. Could you send a screenshot of your scenario? We would have a better idea of what you are trying to achieve and give better feedback.

Other Questions:

• does the scenario start with a “search rows” module and if so, what do you use as a filter here?
  • is the ‘posted’ always in the same column?
1 Like

Hi yes so the first search rows is getting a post which is where I need the filter to ensure it won’t get the same post which has already been posted. The second one is getting a subreddit and the final one is getting a Caption.

Ok Indi, and are these all separate sheets or the same one? What do you use in the second and third search module as filters? Could u show a screenshot of how that table is structured?

First thought: If this is some sort of a content production machine, it’s not very efficient to always search through all the rows whenever you want to post something.

1 Like

Hi yes they are all the same sheets.

Yes so we have done calculations and through this we can produce 10,000 unique pieces of content which is what is needed for us.

So each post, title and subreddit is tagged so the filters are simply get a title and a subreddit which has the same tag as the post

Alright. Starting to get a picture here…

However If it is equal to posted I want it to search through the rows again and get a new one until column J is not equal to posted.
Does anyone know how I can do this because at the moment if Column J is equal to posted it will just stop the senario.

That is not how the search module works. The module will find all rows that pass the filter. I made a quick test sheet with way over 10000 rows and got all the rows that did not contain my filter string.

Is it possible that you have something set as maximum number of rows in the module settings?

1 Like

Yes so firstly it will get a random row it does this by picking a random number which equivalents to a row. So it will only return 1 row

If you share a screenshot of the settings of that module maybe I could see what’s going on. But at the moment I’m clueless.