Running system that proceeds multiple orders

Hello, I hope you are doing well! I got a question and I can’t find a way to do this. I want to make a system that can proceed multiple orders at the same time.

Pete orders an White shirt on the gForms, it sends the data through the webhook to the first Make Scenario. It sends an email to Logistics and starts a stopwatch to see how long it takes before the order is proceeded. The stopwatch has the title of the article(white shirt).

The email contains a link(webhook in this case) to activate scenario 2. This scenario stops the stopwatch and puts the time into a DB.

But Alex orders an Black shirt, the same story, e-mail gets send to Logistics and timer gets started with the title of the article(Black shirt)

This email also contains the same trigger/webhook to activate scenario 2.

What is the problem: Currently scenario 2 stops all timers because I cannot stop 1 timer. In order to do this, I need to know out of the e-mail if the Black shirts is proceeded or the White shirt. How do I do this? I cannot find a way in order to do this.

So what I am asking is that I want to build a system that can proceeds multiple orders at the same time. Hope it is clear to you what I mean, please do not hesitate to ask if it is not clear.

Here is a flow chart to visualize my problem and my wanted situation. Also attached is the workflows.
Can someone help me?

Hi @Serox_Tom,

Not sure how the Timing app works, but based on what you are doing, I assume that Start Timing results in an unique ID whenever a timer is started which you can use with the Stop Timer or you have some sort of unique value maybe title that can be used to create and stop a timer.

If this is the case, then what you can do is, In the first scenario, before the Email is sent, you can start the timer and pass the unique ID/Title as part of the Webhook URL being passed in the email which triggers the second scenario.

for eg, if your webhooks is,

https://hook.make.test.com/,

Then you can pass the uniqueID as a query param,

https://hook.make.test.com?uniqueID=123

In the second scenario, you can grab the uniqueID and then stop the timer as needed.

1 Like

Thanks @Runcorn !

That worked for me, I didn’t think of that. Now I need to find an app that allows multiple timers at once. So if someone knows one let me know!

Wait, doesn’t the one that you are using do that?

No, if I start a new timer, the timer that is already running stops.

I would think that a project management system allows you to run multiple timers at once. But weirdly not, really strange.