Setting up a Notion watch database Item - Database ID not found

I am trying to set up some processes whereby an email is sent when a new record is added or updated in Notion.

Before doing this I have:

• Set up the integration in Notion as outlined in the Make documentation
  • Given the integration access to the whole workspace and to the individual DB

What I am doing:

• I have tried to set up ‘Watch Database Items’ or ‘Update Database Items’ triggers and it asks me to enter a database ID
  • I got the database ID from the share link/URL and checked it is a 32 character UUID (taking it as being the … in notion.so/-…
  • When I enter this and try to use it I get the error message:

[404] Could not find database with ID: bea6697d-cc85-4e48-bcca-7ba7ad57f45d. Make sure the relevant pages and databases are shared with your integration.

As I say above, I can’t see any more permissions I can give so am not really sure why this is not working.

Any thoughts?

Hey, I had this just the other day, you need to add the make.com automation to each database page you want it to access.

On the page, click the 3 dot menu on the top right, then connections, then add make.

Do this for any related db’s you want to access as well.

3 Likes

Hi tried this but it doesn’t work. When I add Make from the connections list, it brings me to Notion website…
Any other solution ?

make_02

1 Like

Anyone have a solution for that ?

You can always follow this tutorial to do it.
One thing that I’ve noticed is that when I created a connection/integration on Notion it kinda created a new Make Connection as you can see on the screenshot (I have two the grey one and the purple one)

Also and none of the less, if your Database/Page in notion is granted access correctly but not it’s parent page it will not work either.

Hope that it help you.

1 Like