Slack Actions Automation

Hello community!

I don’t know whether this is possible or not but if this is possible it would be great.

This is just an example:

I have a scenario which generates a list of relevant titles for book. Now I send that list on slack to my manager for approval with block content which has yes or no action buttons.

Want I want is whenever the manager clicks yes a webhook in make should be triggered to process that title further.

I will love to hear ideas from everyone on this.

Thanks for your time!

Hi @Narendra_Gupta,

What you describe is certainly possible! What you’ll need to do first, is create an app (a.k.a Bot) in Slack. This is more useful than authenticating the Slack Make app with your Slack user. These are the steps you can follow: https://www.make.com/en/help/apps/communication/slack#create-custom-app-and-client-credentials-in-slack

When created, you can go to ‘Interactivity & Shortcuts’ and enable interactivity. With any interaction (such as a button in block content, as you described), a request is sent to the Request URL that you supply.

So you’ll only have to catch the webhook via Make, add a filter and process the information as you please:

Cheers,
Henk

2 Likes

Thanks. Can you help me in assigning scopes for both user and bot for this scenario. What scopes should I use for seamless execution?

Via OAuth & Permissions, you can add the scopes for the App. I have added them all, so I’ll know I won’t run into permission issues in the future.

Cheers,
Henk

Thanks for your time. I am successfully implemented the scenario. Once again thanks!

@Narendra_Gupta

Great to hear and happy to help!

Cheers,
Henk

1 Like