Slack Notification Issue with Automation

Hi everyone,

I have an automation set up on Make.com that sends me a text message on Slack. The automation itself works perfectly, and I receive the message with the text properly formatted. However, I am not getting any notifications for these messages on either my Mac or iPhone.

Interestingly, I tested an Airtable automation, and it triggered notifications just fine on both my desktop and phone.

Does anyone have any ideas on why the Slack messages from the Make.com automation aren’t triggering notifications? Any suggestions or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Daniel

Hi @danpinho,

Are you posting messages with the same user that is used for the connection? Then a webhook will not be triggered in Slack. The logic is as follows: you posted a message yourself, so why would you receive a webhook that a message is posted?

For this reason I added a second user to my Slack account as a ‘bot’, which I use only with Make automations.

The Airtable automation probably works because the messages are sent through their connections.

Cheers,
Henk

3 Likes

Hi Henk
Thanks for the tip about using a second user as a bot. That really cleared things up for me!

Appreciate it!

Best,
Daniel

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, @danpinho!

I am happy to hear that this cleared things up for you :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Henk

2 Likes