SocialBee module will not accept video URL?

I am trying to use the SocialBee integration in my scenario but it does not accept video (mp4) upload (I provide the link for the SocialBee module for a hosted video).

The module sends an error message:

‘The operation failed with an error. [412] Could not identify media type application/octet-stream’

When I test the SocialBee module with an image instead of a video, it works. (So itt accepts image type file as the hosted file, but not a video type file).

Seems like an unintended restriction.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?


For technical issues or bugs like this, directly contacting support can often lead to a faster resolution. They have access to your specific account details, scenario and scenario logs, server-side logs, and internal tools and resources, which allows them to investigate more thoroughly than what you have access to. Additionally, sharing sensitive information about your situation might not be suitable for an open forum discussion.

You can open a new ticket, or if you are unable to login for some reason, you also can reach support using the contact form on the website.

If you manage to get your issue resolved with support, we’d still love to hear about it! Sharing your solution on the forum can help others facing similar problems.


Thanx, created and sent a ticket. I’ll post here if they come back to me with any valuable insight :slight_smile:


Hey! I’m trying to figure out the same thing with my team. Did you ever solve this? If not we can work together and figure it out, we’re down to hop on a call anytime.


my guess is that this is a bug, and you cannot overcome it with any hack. One possible solution till they patch the module is to use Zapier’s Socialbee zap (call zap from the Make scenario). I haven’t tested the Zapier zap though… would be interesting to see if that accepts a video file (if it does, then that proves the error is on Make’s side.) customer service has not got back to me yet, but I think I have managed to figure this out. If I use AWS S3 to store the video file to be uploaded to SocialBee the file type is correctly reported to the SocialBee upload module and it works as expected. Earlier I tried to use Notion, Coda, Clickup attachments as temporal file storage for the upload (to get a URL for the video file), but they all seem NOT to report the mime type to the SocialBee upload module for some reason. AWS S3 does. (Though setting up the AWS S3 bucket correctly – at least for me – was a bit complicated.)