Todoist to iOS Reminders

Trying to connect Todoist to iOS Reminders. I have the Todoist Module set to New Event, and the iOS Module set to Create Reminder. I managed to get it working (on existing data) but it doesn’t fire at all when I add a new task to Todoist. And it won’t work even if I click Run Once (which is how the initial test was run).

Any thoughts?

Update: when I look at the Scenario history it shows it’s been working. I see the Todoist task name in the history and I see that task has been passed to iOS, but no new Reminder shows up in iOS.

I guess I need help. Can anyone show me how to grab a newly added task from Todoist and send it to iOS Reminders specific list?

Hi there.

I have just tested it and everything works like a charm. However, it seems that it is not possible to select the list that the reminder will be added to. You should be able to bypass this by using the filters within the iOS reminders app itself. You may create a rule that will, for example, add all the reminders with no priority to a particular list…

In order to be able to make the Make app work in general, I would suggest making sure that you refresh the “History” tab in the App since it is sometimes necessary to make it work. This behavior is dependent on iOS architecture as far as I can tell.

In case it still doesn’t work I would suggest the following:

1. Try to uninstall the Make app from your iOS device.
  2. Install the App again from AppStore to make sure you are using the latest version of it.
  3. Register your iOS device as a new one.
  4. Make sure all the required actions are selected in the App settings.
  5. Add a new iOS module to your scenario.
  6. Double-check that everything is configured correctly
  7. Test the behavior once again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

2 Likes