Unable to create webhook/connection to arcgis

I am experiencing the following error:

{“message”:“The request failed due to failure of a previous request.”,“code”:“SC424”,“suberrors”:[{“message”:“[invalid_request] Access to this application has been blocked. Please contact your administrator to allow access to this app.”,“name”:“InvalidConfigurationError”}]}

I am not able to make new connections or create webhooks.
Can someone advise how to correct this? Thanks in advance

Welcome to the Make community!

You’ll need to contact your ARCGIS administrator to configure security settings to allow external apps.

Apps

You can specify which external apps can be accessed by organization members and, optionally, choose to make approved web apps available to organization members in the app launcher.

Approve apps

To give organization members access to other types of apps without a Request for Permissions prompt, you must specify a list of approved apps for the organization. Approved apps can include web, mobile, or native apps hosted in your organization or outside your organization. For access to external apps, you can also restrict member sign-in to only those apps added to the approved apps list.
Do the following to approve apps for access by organization members:

1. Confirm that you are signed in as a default administrator or as a member of a custom role with the administrative privilege to manage security and infrastructure.
  2. At the top of the site, click Organization and click the Settings tab.
  3. Click Security on the side of the page and click Apps to jump to the Apps section of the page.
  4. Optionally, turn on the Members can only sign in to external apps that are approved toggle button.
  5. Under Approved apps, click Add approved app.
  6. Search for an app using one of the following methods:
    • Browse to the app in the list.
    • Search by name—When searching by app name, you can only find apps that are hosted in your organization.
    • Search by item URL—When searching by item URL, you can only find apps shared with the public. The item URL is found on the Overview tab (URL section) of the app’s item page.
    • Search by App ID—If you own or have access to the app item, you can find the App ID on the Settings tab (Application Settings > Registered Info) of the app’s item page. Another way to find the App ID is by opening the app in a private browser window, clicking the sign-in link for the app, and looking for the client_id value in the URL displayed in the browser’s address bar.
  7. Select an app to approve.
  8. If you selected a web app, optionally turn off the Show in app launcher toggle button to hide the web app in the app launcher.
  9. Click Save to add the app to the approved apps list.
2 Likes

Hi Sam! Thank you so much for responding. I was able to get past the error with a weird workaround. There were no edits needed on the ArcGIS side such as ensuring permissions were granted but I did create a new scenario and webhook to an account and survey that doesnt exist. I then edited that to my current credentials-strange but it is up and running.

2 Likes

Heya @Ernestine_Brown and welcome to the community :wave:

It’s so impressive that you were able to find a workaround with a bit of assistance from @samliew. We are incredibly proud of you! :hibiscus:

Keep up the great work!

1 Like