Unsure of best way to set up Click Up >>Shipstation to create an order then Shipstation >> Click Up to return update

I dont have screenshots… I have a scenario currently set up and working well that does the following:

Listens for new tasks in click up > Gets task info when created > Creates an order in Shipstation

What I am not sure of is how to then update my task in Click Up once an order is shipped in Shipstation. What I need is:

Shipping Label Created in Shipstation, and status changed to Shipped > Update task in Click Up

Im not sure the best way to map it back to the correct task. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Hi @BlackSparrow,

It would have helped if you have the scenario mapping as part of the screenshot.

What you can do is,

1. Setup a new scenario
  2. Add Listen for Shipment Events (With Item Info)
    as the First Module, that will basically listen for new updates in the Shipstation
  3. Search Clickup based on data received from Shipstation
  4. Update Clickup Item

Not sure what events are received from the Shipstation, so it might be a good idea to add a filter after first module to only track the relevant status that you are looking for.

1 Like

My bad, the current integration doesn’t support that for Listen for Shipment Events (With Item Info).

Instead what you can do is, use Webhooks as the first module in make, Grab the generated URL and then setup the Shipstation Webhook as described here.

Rest of the step will be the same, I hope they do support Shipped Webhooks.

1 Like

@Runcorn Thank you for the quick reply. I’ll give it a shot.

What do mean by #3? How would I set that “based on” up?

For that, either you need to modify your original scenario, so the task is updated once the Label is generated on ShipStation, you can add a shipStationID or the label, which then you can use in this step to search ClickUp

1 Like

@Runcorn - I really appreciate the help. I guess it is the “search” step I’m a bit confused about. Still new to MAKE. Right now Click Up generates an ID that is passed to ShipStation as the Order # when the order is created. is the “search” looking to match the order # back to the Click Up ID in order to update the correct one? I understand that concept, I am not sure how to “search ClickUp”…this is my existing scenario