Update WordPress with blank fields

Hey y’all, quick question regarding Airtable and WordPress.

I have a scenario of Airtable: Watch Records → WordPress: Update a Post where the posts contain some custom fields. The entire scenario is triggered by Make watching the Airtable: Last Modified field and activates when the timestamp changes.

The only thing I can’t figure out is how do I get WordPress to delete the custom field content whenever the corresponding record on Airtable is empty & blank? WordPress only updates the field if there is actual data present on Airtable. However, because of the nature of the data, sometimes an Airtable field’s content is deleted and the field is empty. Doing so will trigger the Last Modified field to update its timestamp, but WordPress refuses to import the now empty field and instead leaves behind the old data within the custom field.

Here’s an example of Make detecting the custom field birthday_offer has been emptied on Airtable. But I want it to notice the Value: is blank and push that to WordPress instead of skipping it and moving onto the next field.

Is this achievable somehow? Much thanks for any help.

Welcome to the Make community!

You can try these constant variables including brackets {{ }} in the field to clear them:

• {{erase}}
  • {{null}}
  • {{emptystring}}
  • {{space}}
  • {{ignore}}

These variables look pink when you paste into the field:

Screenshot_2024-02-16_100209

Screenshot_2024-02-16_100259

3 Likes

Thank you samliew for the welcome and solution!

1 Like

No problem, glad I could help!

May I know which one(s) worked for you?

1. If you have a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and

• allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

3. Don’t forget to like and bookmark this topic so you can get back to it easily in future!

2 Likes

Sure thing, I’ve marked your reply as the solution for others who find this thread later.

It was the {{erase}} variable that seems to do the trick for me. I’m still testing it with all my fields, but so far so good. Thank you again!

2 Likes