Variables are not shwoing in the next module

im trying to get the data from the webhoojk, which when i run it gives me all the data and its right in the next module it only shows collection

i couldn’t find how to redetermine webhook structure data

i also trid to pass the array into an itterator, but the same thing

i deleted the scenario, created a new webhook, deleted the module and nothing worked

as a workaround i made this, but i think this is a bug

i can access the data from the parse JSON module, but now im consuming 2 more ops!

Hello @Mohammed_Breky,

In your Salla Custom Webhook module, you can look for an option for something like “JSON Passthrough” and enable it. That will pass the JSON straight through without parsing it automatically so you can use a Parse JSON module on it.
Otherwise, I think the workaround you found is actually a good way to handle it.
Parse JSON module will also give you the option to define a Data Structure so that when you map downstream it’s more predictable.

3 Likes

How was your iterator set up? What did the output bundle for your trigger module look like? Did you put the array into the iterator, or were some built-in functions like toArray used?

For further assistance, please provide the following:

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

1 Like

nothing actually in the setting, even if i wanted to create a new webhook

i parsed the array (data) to the itterator, and the same thing happen, itterator is not giving me nothing, i think this is a bug in make

You might have entered the wrong webhook event when setting it up.

Click on the “online help” link shown in your screenshot to view the help article related to setting up this particular type of webhook.

1 Like

the help page gives you nothing (404) and redirect to make website

also the event is 100% right, because i can get the data (see the first picture)

the issue is when i want to map the data to the next module, variables are not showing, also i cant share the bundle due to it’s sensitivity, again i think it’s a bug

Make has no idea how the data is supposed to look, but once its parsed you can still access it.
For example, use {{1.data.id}} to access the ID, if it exists.

It’s easier the way you did it, transforming the result to JSON then parsing it again. You can define a Data Structure as well during Parse JSON.

1 Like

This is correct. It is important for the App developer from Salla to create an interface for the instant trigger module so that output is defined properly for future module access. If they don’t create an interface then the Make system doesn’t know what output is coming from the webhook and you get this sort of indeterminate structure that you can access only by directly referencing it using the raw data structure notation (eg 1.data.id).

It’s not a bug in Make but rather an incomplete module definition by the Salla app developer for this module.

2 Likes

You can tell the developer that they can add the interface in the instant trigger module. Here’s an example instant trigger module that has an interface defined. Note how the module’s trigger data is properly formatted with the full data structure coming from the webhook that triggered this module to run…

And then with the iterator I can map any of the elements:

This is because the “Watch a Movie” instant trigger module has the following JSON defined in the interface section of the module (I developed the modules myself so I have control over the app, you’d have to ask Salla to update their instant trigger module appropriately)…

[
  {
    "name": "id",
    "type": "text",
    "label": "ID"
  },
  {
    "name": "name",
    "type": "text",
    "label": "Name"
  },
  {