Watch folder and then send email

When asking your question, please include:

:footprints: The steps you have taken
:camera_flash: Relevant screenshots
:link: Any links you have
[ Code { "and": "JSON", "in" : "code block"} ]
:x: Exclude Personal Information.

Hello all.
I have set up a scenrio what on a specific date i “watch” a folder in pcloud. Then if theres a new file it will send an email.

all works fine except if 2 files are uploaded to the folder it sends 2 emails.
So basically it sends and email for each file that is uploaded.

What i would to do is just send one email regardless of how many files are uploaded.

How is the best way to do that?

i have that free account/ tier if that makes a difference.

Hi @WebDevKev

If you want to attach the two files, please utilize the array aggregator before the email module to combine the two files.

MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

2 Likes

Hello
Thanks for the reply.
I think i might of been confusing with my explaination.

My goal is the email the client when a new file as been added to their folder in pcloud.

i have managed to set up the trigger and also set up the gmail module which sends an email.

The problem i have is an email is sent for each file. so if i upload 3 files it sends 3 emails . Or if i upload 2 files it sends 2 emails.

I did try using the aggregator to see if i could do something with that but it still send the same amount of emails.

What I’m looking to do it to just send 1 email to notifiy the client that new files have been added.

I hope that is a better explaination.

thanks once again :slight_smile:

Thank you in that case I will suggest use data store or Google and once the email is sent for first files change the value to done and before each run check if the value is done don’t send it again…

Watch folder > check sheet or data sore
If values is done don’t send if not done send email and change value to done.

1 Like