Webhook triggering in a loop

I am setting up a scenario in Make.com where in Pipedrive when a deal is updated a webhook is triggered. The scenario works fine when I test it and click run but when I turn it on it triggers in a loop every few seconds.

Why is this? Is there a bug or do I need to modify a setting?

So you have a Scenario in which Pipedrive is the trigger (deal is updated) and one of the actions is a Webhook?

If that Webhook is causing another update on the deal then that would trigger the Scenario again, do you think that’s what is happening?

If that’s the case, usually you would add a filter (the wrench between the trigger module and whatever module comes after it) and find a way to make sure that filter only allows updated deals that aren’t caused by the Webhook. Hope that makes sense!

2 Likes

It was something similar. I had a module adding an activity and in the deal there is a field called “undone_activities_count” which changed after an activity was created. I added a filter and it’s all good. Thx.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’ve got it figured out!

1 Like

Hello @Shawn :wave:,

Just wanted to jump in and congratulate you on solving this one with @Donald_Mitchell’s help. I’m glad to see that you got the ball rolling. :+1:

Thank you very much for getting back to us and sharing your solution here. We honestly appreciate that you kept us in mind and marked the problem as solved so other users can easily find it while having similar issues. :blush:

1 Like