Adding event to GCal when status updated in Monday.com

I want to create an event in Google Calendar when the status of an item changes to “Approved” on a board in Monday.com, but I have 2 questions.

1. Which module to I use to get the item from Monday when the status changes? I tried the Watch Board’s Column Values, and I was able to get the item. However, the output bundle did not have all of the item’s data, only the value of the status that changed. I need the dates and other items from the item to create the calendar event.

2. How do I format the google calendar event as an all-day event?

Welcome to the Make community!

Yes, that is possible. You’ll need a minimum of two modules:

You can use the Monday “Watch Board’s Column Values” to monitor for status changes.

You will also need to create a filter between the modules to only continue if the column value changes to “Approved”.

Give it a go and let us know if you have any issues!

2 Likes

I tried that, but the resulting bundle only contains some basic info and the value of the status column I’m checking. However, I need values of several other columns on the board. I don’t see any way to access the rest of the data just using the “Watch Board’s Column Values” module. So far, I’ve added a “Get an Item” module and retrieved the item using the item ID returned from the Watch Board’s Column Values module, but this seems very inefficient. Is there a way to receive all of item’s column values when receiving it initially?

And thanks for the all-day event highlight. I must have just overlooked it.

2 Likes

That’s likely because Monday isn’t sending the full payload, and there’s nothing we can do about it. Using another module to get the full item is the right way to go about it.

3 Likes