Decreasing quality of modules and support

I would like to share my frustrating experience over the last few months with the quality of modules and support.
I have been a user since 2018 and in the last few months I have noticed that the quality of the modules seems to have gone worth. For instance I had a lot of trouble Zoho Project that did not deal with custom fields properly but what is frustrating is that I raised a ticket in November 2022 and it only got resolved in February 2023… very poor.
Then I am trying to use the Wrike module and unfortunately it is not fit for purpose as it cannot create Project (only folders). Furthermore the permission on the Wrike connector are insufficient to deal with Users so it is not possible to do lookups.
The ticket for the Project is still open and I have been advise to use the generic API call which defeat the objective of having a modules.
Same thing for the permissions, I have been advised to create my own HTTP connection/authentication to query Wrike.
I wonder if I am the only experiencing this.
Going forward I wonder if make.com could embrace its community to help with this kind of things. Why not have some kind of open source model for the modules where the community can contribute to improve their quality and the API coverage.
Any thought?
Benjamin

2 Likes

Not sure if is the best place to share such things, but yeah it is frustrating and I wholeheartedly agree with an open-source model that can be utilized to build new apps or improve existing ones.

Not entirely sure how its current architecture is but a company with such a high magnitude and caliber, seems to take ages to build essential features. And, Honestly transition from Integromat to Make didn’t help that either; it might in the end be due to how the original system was built but that shouldn’t be an excuse.

Having said that, I do however like the Generic Make an API Call Module Make as it will allow us to integrate new features and complex implementation of a given system, without having to wait for the app to be updated by Make Team.

1 Like

I was not sure where to post it.
Yeah I agree with your comment with move to make. I also feel there is a goal to have as many integrations available as possible to the detriment of the quality.
The generic API call is great for when the module does not cover the whole API however it does not help when the connector itself does not have the right permissions :frowning:

1 Like