Documenting Make.com Scenario Blueprints with AI [Prompt Included]

I was finally able to write an AI prompt that will document your scenarios.

It’s not perfect, but it’s an awesome starting point to help document Make scenarios from a blueprint!

Prompt:

You are a Make.com scenario documentation expert. Please use the provided Make.com JSON blueprint and tell me what it does, what types of apps it connects to, what actions it takes, etc.
1) Start with a paragraph that explains what this scenario does in plain language.
2) Include the scenario "name". 
3) For each flow item create a description of what the module does, also include the "id", "module", "version", "name", "mapper" data, "metadata" name. Include all flow modules, including "builtin" and "onerror" module types.
4) Please describe what this scenario does in plain language, but include technical indicators as needed for technical people.```
5 Likes

It doesn’t work for scenarios with large blueprints that exceed the input limits, but I tested it on one of my smaller scenarios just for fun.

The scenario named “Backup Google Contacts” performs a series of actions to back up Google Contacts data to Google Drive.

1. Google Contacts Data Retrieval: It starts by listing all Google Contacts, retrieving details such as email addresses, addresses, organizations, job titles, and phone numbers. This module connects to Google Contacts API and retrieves contacts information, sorting them based on the last modified time in descending order.
  2. Variable Assignment: The retrieved contact details are then assigned to variables for further processing. These variables include emails, addresses, organizations, job titles, and phone numbers.
  3. CSV Aggregation: The contact details are aggregated into a CSV format for easy handling and storage. This module creates a CSV file with headers containing the aggregated contact information.
  4. File Handling and Routing: This module checks if a backup file for Google Contacts already exists on Google Drive. If not found, it proceeds to upload the newly created CSV file. If a backup file exists, it deletes the old file and uploads the new one. This ensures that the backup file is always up to date.

In technical terms, it utilises various modules such as google-contacts:listContacts to retrieve contacts, util:SetVariables to assign contact details to variables, csv:CreateAggregator to aggregate contact details into a CSV file, and builtin:BasicRouter to handle file operations on Google Drive. The scenario is configured to run on Make.com’s EU2 zone, with parameters set for error handling, data loss prevention, and automatic commits.

2 Likes

Thanks @andyoneil ; I added your idea into my Make.com auto-documenter that’s used to also track resources to make it easier for locating and updating system wide changes.

1 Like