Downloading images uploaded by customers from Shopify App to Google Drive

Hi Make community,

I’m running a print on demand e-commerce store selling customized pet portraits. I use the app Uploadly to let customers upload the picture of their pet before completing their purchase.

My goal is to build a scenario that automatically send the pictures they’ve uploaded into a Google Drive folder, so it’ll be faster for the designers to work on the portrait.

Once the portrait is done, I’ll use Klaviyo to send an email with the portrait in attached file or directly in the email, so the customer can validate it. Then I’ll fulfill the order with my POD supplier.

I’ve searched for all the webhooks proposed for Shopify, but I don’t know which one would be the most adapted to download or transfer an image from the Shopify app to Google Drive.

Do I need to create a custom solution using the Shopify App API ? Or is there a more convenient way to automate this ?

Any help would be appreciated, I’m new to Make and I’m trying to build my first scenario :slight_smile:

Just saw Uploadly, it is mapping all the files with the orders so there must be a custom linkage/field in the order that holds the Uploadly files URL. Just try to use Get Order module and check the Meta Data fields or the Custom Fields. You should find some URL from Uploadly.

Hey - what a lovely sounding service you’re offering!

Whilst I TOTALLY get why you would want to capture that file upload during the checkout flow - it makes the processing a little more complex ‘downstream’. So my polite suggestion would be to explore a tweaked workflow and a small ‘production app’ built in something like Coda (perfect for this)

You capture the order, and then send a unique link to an online form such as jotform or tally, which has a hidden field called ‘order id’. in your URL to this form you have something like this:

https://myformurl.com?order__id=**20021**

You can use Klaviyo to send this and chase them if they do not upload.

Then when they submit the form with little :dog: Patch’s image :pleading_face:… you capture that and can do whatever you like with it, including putting it into the Google Drive folder …

But remember, it’s all about the production process…

So you could put it somewhere (like Coda) too - and then the artist can press a shiny button when they’re done, and then it gets sent back into Klaviyo and off to the customer.

I have obviously only outlined this at a very high level - but if you take a look at jotform and coda, I imagine you’ll spot the possibilities rapdidly!

Please ask away if I can clarify anything for you!

Alistair

1 Like