Execution time vs scheduled interval

Hi,

maybe a silly question, but as a beginner I am asking me, how is the relation between the maximum execution time (e.g. 40 minutes in the core subscription) along with the scheduled interval?

Let’s say I have an interval of 5 minutes, but a maximum execution time of 40 minutes. So in case an execution takes all the 40 minutes to proceed, the scheduled next executions in the meantime will be skipped, right?

I mean that wouldn’t have any collision or other negative effect, would it?

Thx for helping me understand

Not a silly question.

I can’t believe after 4+ years on the platform i dont have a precise answer to this :rofl: (or don’t remember it)

I’ve always just built my way around that exact situation to make sure it doesn’t happen. my gut says that the request que builds up, but i know that is from how scenarios triggered by webhooks work, so…maybe not.

@Michaela Is there an official explanation of what happens when a scenario is already running, and it gets triggered again mid run, by the scheduler, and not by webhook.

Hey folks, just stepping in with my bit.

It’s not possible for a scheduled scenario to run multiple times simultaneously. In other words, if the execution time is longer than the scheduled time, the scenario is going to face some hiccups. Namely, the next execution will most likely start 5 minutes after the previous - longer - one.

1 Like