Fetch All-Day Events Today in Google Calendar and Send Them to Slack

Hi, so I want to create a scenario that does the following:

1. Every day, at 10:30 AM, it scans all the All-Day events in a particular calendar in Google Calendar
  2. Aggregate all the entries
  3. Send a message to a Slack channel containing the aggregated entries.
  4. If there are no entries in the Google Calendar for the day, then a different message is sent to the Slack channel.

Sample:

1. Scan the “People on Leave” calendar at 10:30AM

2. Aggregate the following entries (all of these are all-day events and are entered automatically through another make.com scenario):
    John - Leave - Whole Day
    Stacy - Leave - Whole Day
    Adam - Leave - Half Day

3. Send the following message to a Slack channel:
    Employees on leave for today, June 30, 2023:
    John - Leave - Whole Day
    Stacy - Leave - Whole Day
    Adam - Leave - Half Day

4. When there are no entries for the day’s calendar, this message is sent to the Slack channel:
    Employees on leave for today, June 30, 2023:
    N/A

Basically, this is the flow that I need to execute, but I don’t know how to properly set up the Google Calendar module (This screenshot is for a visual representation of the flow only. I haven’t made it work yet, and I don’t even know if “Search Events” is the right trigger.) Note: I know how to set up the Text Aggregator and Slack modules; it’s just the Google Calendar module I’m having trouble with setting up.

I hope someone can help me. Thank you!

Hi :wave:t5:

You could try to set up the “Search Events” module using the “now” variable and “setHour” + “setMinute” functions as in the picture below.

Such a query will list all events (People on leave) planned for the day the scenario is executed.

2 Likes