Getting images from Pexels to Airtable

Hello makers!

I’m trying to get images from Pexels and save it to my Airtable. Later on I would like to use this picture in Create a Post for Wordpress. I basically want to search for a keyword, like “chocolate”, and use the first picture that appears in the result list. In the second search of the same keyword, I will be using the 2nd image in the list.

I have no coding background so I couldn’t make the API work, yet.
API allows me to “search”, and in the results I get URL for the image. Seems some Phyton solutions are available but I have no idea how to do that.

On the other hand, maybe the link will be already enough. Not sure about wordpress create post action, maybe I don’t need to download the file itself, instead providing its link to wordpress might be enough. I don’t know which one will be needed, but any solutions would be fine.

Any ideas how can I solve this?

Hey @Kutay_Yilmaz

I do not see ‘Pexels’ as a native app on Make so you may need to use HTTP modules to make custom API calls: HTTP (make.com)

Regarding WordPress image posts, you will need to use the ‘Create Media Item’ module and then map in the media ID into the ‘Create a Post’ module:

The ‘Create a Media Item’ module expects actual file data(not the URL) so you will need a ‘Download’ module (for example, from Google Drive, as shown in the image above)

Then, the ‘Create a Post’ module:

I hope this helps you.

4 Likes

Hi @Olly_Ats

I am having the similar issue. but when I am downloading the file from Google Drive it expects a specific file ID. I actually don’t really care which, as long it is always a different from the same folder. Where would you get the file ID otherwise?

Thanks for any hints!

Hey there @floripaolo :wave:

Just wanted to step in and offer a piece of friendly advice. Generally, starting a new topic for your question is more effective than commenting on an older and already solved post. Now, I understand you might be dealing with similar issues, but remember you can always share a link to this thread in the new question.

Thanks for understanding and keeping our community organized and neat for other users. :pray:

2 Likes