How do I upload a file to the attachment field in Airtable with Make?

1. I am creating a Google Document from a template

2. Next, I am using the download a Document module to download a PDF of the document I just created.

3. I am deleting the google doc created in the first step because I don’t need to keep the Google Docs version of the document just the PDF.

1. The problem that I have is I want to add the PDF saved in my google drive to the attachment field in Airtable.

2. My first thought was to upload the PDF to my google drive and then add it to the Airtable attachment field.

6a) When I look at the attachment field in the Airtable module I see two options one is to click the “Map” stitch and I am shown one field where I can map a value from previous modules.

Make 4

6b) The Second is a place where I can expand the field and map a File URL and a file name.

Make 5

1. In both of these cases I don’t know the value that Airtable is expecting to receive, or where I can find that value. This is the question that I have what values do I need to give Airtable so that it will show the PDF image will show up in the linked record field. See the image below for an example of what I want.

Air 5

The output of the HTTP Get File module is Data and File Name but the input for the Airtable attachment field is file URL and Filename.

Make 6

Hi @jaredryanwright, you’re on the right path there. After you upload it to Google Drive, you’ll have to add in another module for Google Drive called “Get a Share Link”. Make sure you then configure it so that the Role is Reader and the Type is Anyone.

Then you can use that Share Link in the File URL of the last image you posted.

Dan from MergeYourData.com

1 Like

Can you provide more detailed information on this comment? Can you show screenshots if possible?

Hello,
I am faced with the exact same problem.
I did try to insert a “Get a share link” module, to pass that link back to the airtable attachement file.
The scenario runs, but when I click on the attachement in Airtable, it opens a blank document.
Have I missed a step?
Thank you
Pascal

@MergeYourData.com I have tried what you are saying with no success. Can you please provide more detailed information?

1 Like

For this use case to upload a file to airtable this module was developed under 1SaaS.

It returns you a static temporary URL which you can passalong to Airtable and it will take the file from there.

3 Likes