How to download files attached to a Hubspot note

I’m trying to download a file attached to a Hubspot note (note is linked to a deal).

I’m using the Hubspot ‘Make an API call’ module to retrieve the attachment id (hs_attachment_ids) linked to a note firs. It provides the id with this url

/crm/v3/objects/notes/{{8.body.id}}?properties=hs_attachment_ids&hs_note_body

Now i want to get the download link of the attachment. I tried
/files/api/v3/files/144351062 to get the file, but I get a 404.

/files/api/v3/files/144351062/signed-url also 404.

I was working with HubSpot and needed to download files attached to a note, then I learned that you’re supposed to use the Files API. But here’s the catch: simply trying to grab the file with /files/api/v3/files/{file_id} or trying to get a special link with /files/api/v3/files/{file_id}/signed-url didn’t work out for me. It seemed like maybe I needed special permissions, or I wasn’t doing it right. So, I dug into HubSpot’s documentation on the Files API again. Turns out, HubSpot updates their docs pretty often, and it’s easy to miss something if you’re not looking at the latest version. There might be a new way to access those attachments, or I might have been using the wrong endpoint altogether. Always good to double-check to make sure you’re on the right track with the most current info.

1 Like