How to pick an existing post from a wordpress website so it can be automatically shared on SM

Hi folks,

I’d love to be able to have an automation that picks an existing blog post (perhaps in date order, staring with the oldest and working forward) from my wordpress website and shares it on social media.

I can’t find anything like it.

The only thing I can find is an automation that waits until a new post is published.

Can you give me your thoughts on this?

Thanks
Karl

Welcome to the Make community!

It would be easier if you use a “Search Posts” module to extract a list of all your Wordpress Posts, their IDs, and Created Date into a Google Sheet. Add a “Last Shared” column.

Then, use another scenario to Search Rows by “Last Shared” empty or ascending to get the next oldest post that is unused/unshared.

At the end of the scenario, update that item’s “Last Shared” with the current date.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any further questions or issues.

@samliew

P.S.: Did you know, the concepts of about 70% of questions asked on this forum are already covered in the Make Academy. Investing some effort into it will save you lots of time and frustration using Make later!

Thank you @samliew, I really appreciate it.
I’m fairly new to this stuff but knew there had to be a way.

You’ll only need to do the first scenario once to load the list of posts.

The second scenario above is the “main” sharing scenario, you can schedule as often as you wish.

You might need a third scenario to “Add a new row” to the spreadsheet list whenever there’s a new post on Wordpress.

Thanks for this. Got the sharing bit down, still having a hard time getting the sheets connection to choose the next line where the last share cell is empty.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to the Make community!

To allow us to assist you with your scenario, please provide the following:

1. Relevant Screenshots

Please share screenshots of your scenario, any error messages, relevant module fields, and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:

2. Scenario Blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mapped variables in the module fields. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

3. Output Bundles of Modules

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario (or get from the scenario History tab), then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download input/output bundles”.

A. Upload as Text File

Save each bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

B. Insert as Formatted Code Block

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted bundles.
These are the two ways to format text so that it won’t be modified by the forum:

• Method 1: Type code block manually

Add three backticks ``` before and after the content/bundle, like this:

```
    content goes here
    ```

• Method 2. Highlight and click the format button in the editor

Providing the input/output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

I’ve decided to park this, for now, and work my way through the Make.com Academy.
Hopefully this will equip me to do even more with the platform.
Thanks