I'm getting a "You have reached your OpenAI API limit"

I have connected to openAI Enter the api key and organization, But when trying to generate a response I get this message

“The operation failed with an error. [429] You have reached your OpenAI API limit. Please check your plan and billing details

When I take a look at the link there my usage is 0 , Anybody knows why this message would it appear?

1 Like

If you need to create connection through make.com I suggest a two-step approach.
first you need to create new api key there in openai.
second you need add this api key on make module with proper organization code.
Best regards
Pro_Tanvee

1 Like

That’s exactly the steps I’ve done, but when trying to prompt it gives this message I mentioned above, the api key is new and usage so far is 0 Since I never used the api before

Try again later.
Please note that, only 3 requests per minute is allowed by OpenAI for gpt-3.5-turbo model.

1 Like

Well it would have been good if even one would have passed, it’s been a few hours and I’ve tried again same message.

“The operation failed with an error. [429] You have reached your OpenAI API limit. Please check your plan and billing…"

Never used the API so I don’t know where the quota limit messages coming from.
Is there anything to activate on the openAI side, besides generating the key?

I’m getting the same error. Have you figured out what the issue is? I’m also subscribed to ChatGPT Plus and I don’t have the option of selecting ChatGPT-4.

Never solved it, dropped it eventually

Has anyone been able to get past this error? I am running into the same challenge

1 Like

Hey guys, this article might help from OpenAi.

2 Likes

I can suggest to go through this API doc for better assistant regarding openAI for API reach limit
https://help.openai.com/en/articles/6891829-error-code-429-rate-limit-reached-for-requests

Here this is much helpfull regarding your error. can you go through it once again

2 Likes