Is it possible to automate this workflow - whenever a new file is uploaded to a Google Drive folder as a Google Sheet, grab certain columns of data within the newly uploaded Sheet and copy those data to an existing Google Sheet?

Hey Makers :wave: Is it possible to automate this workflow - whenever a new file is uploaded to a Google Drive folder as a Google Sheet > grab certain columns of data within the newly uploaded Sheet > and then copy & paste those data to an existing Google Sheet?

I’m trying to set up this workflow but

1. I’m not even sure if I should begin with “Watch Files in a Folder” or “Search for Files/Folder” module
  2. At step 2, how to map/locate a file that is non-existent until it is uploaded to the folder?

This is a screenshot of my unsuccessful attempt right now :joy:

Would you mind share some ideas to make it work?

@Willa :raised_hands:

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you’re trying to set up an automated workflow. Could you please provide a bit more detail about what you’re trying to achieve? That way, our community members can better understand your issue and provide more helpful advice. Stay tuned for their responses!

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

Hi, @Willa; maybe, you can try to make this scenario and test it?

2 Likes

@Francisco_Fontes Thank you for the suggestions! Sadly somehow it doesn’t work as expected. :face_with_monocle:

I got en error at Step 2

RuntimeError
400: INVALID_ARGUMENT - Unable to parse range

Here is the current settings of the workflow and the details of the error in Step 2 “Search Rows” module:

My logic here at Step 2 is: if any rows in Column A contains texts, the scenario will grab those rows and proceed to Step 3 - add new rows in another spreadsheet

But I’m a bit confused as to what makes the operation did not go through. Could you help take a look what should I tweak in the settings?

Also, I’m curious what did you mean in your last screenshot here
Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 12.10.33 PM
It seems a bit cut off but I’d love to learn more! Could you share more on what’s important about the Sheet Name? :pray:

Thank you so much!

2 Likes