Is Make suitable for a simple CRUD functionality?

Hi folks,

We’re building a simple CRUD application which stores several important dates for our ecom website’s customers. Which they can create / view / update / delete on their account page.
It’s basically a database of these dates, with the occasion type and a few other fields.
Using Make’s webhooks and data store, I can create a scenario to deal with different request types and do the CRUD operations.
Then we can use the data in the store to trigger emails etc. through our marketing platform.

My question is - is Make a suitable tool to do this?

Our other option would be a custom web server e.g. a node / express API server and a mongo database.

We use Make for several things in the company and it’s easier to maintain for our small team, but I want to make sure it’s a solid choice or if this is a bad idea.

Thanks!

For reference, here’s the basics of the scenario:

Welcome to the Make community!

You’ll just need to calculate how many operations per month, and see if your organisation thinks that it’s worth it to purchase more operations.

e.g.: Number of customers X Number of scenario calls (CRUD) per customer per day X 4 operations per scenario run X 31 days

For optimisation, it might be possible to omit modules 14, 15, 17, 18, and possibly 4, 5 if you’re not returning meaningful data.

2 Likes

FYI, as development progressed, it became clear that our evolving needs were far more suited to a dedicated API app. However, this was a valuable lesson and exposed some interesting uses for Make for us.

Thanks @samliew

2 Likes