Pause/delay untill xx time from sheets in automation

Hey Make Community.

I am currently building a scheduling/publishing automation for Instagram where we want to utilize sheets as the main source for scheduling posts and content.

All logics are already set and done in regards to publishing and should work smoothly.

However I do like to be able to schedule posts based on a time column added in the sheets file, is it possible to add a timer, which triggers at some point during the flow based on a specific time in a specific column in the sheet.

What we hope to achieve with this is being able to schedule a lot of posts in advance, just as we are able to with other SoMe management tools.

Please see attached image of the current automation flow module number 2/21 is our module that we hope to be able to use as the timer/scheduler.

Hey christian. it’s not possible to trigger scenario from the sheet column time but in workaround, you can do is to save time and date in the sheet column.

Then run your scenario in every 30-60min then create filter to match “now” time and mentioned the time in sheet. If it matches then proceed.

2 Likes

Hey Princy.
Thank you so much for the swift response! :slight_smile:

That sounds like a great solution actually, would it be possible to have a filter condition, which is:
“now or in the past”

Because I assume it will be very dificult for us to match a specific time 100% accurate when running an automation as this one.

2 Likes

Hey @princy

You helped me fix it, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will suggest to use time like 10:00 or 10:30 or 11:00 or 11:30 so you can match with filter then set your scenario to run from that time to match easily. Also use status that if it’s posted or not so you can post in next 30 min slot again…

Let me know if you get stuck somewhere i build scenarios for businesses.