Pulling several attached files from cognito form into a google drive

Hello there,

My goal is : from a Cognito Forms, get the answers to the form into a Google Sheet (that’s working fine) and get the attached files nto a specific folder in my Google Drive.
The scenario works fine as long as there is only one attachement to the form : if there are several, only one appears in the google drive.

I tried the Cognito Form “Get a file” module but couldn’t make it work at all.
I tried as in the screenshot to us the HTTP “Get a file”, as explained in the Make documentation, but as explained, it only gets one.
I tried setting a repeater for the HTTP module but it only gets the same file many times.

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help.

Welcome to the Make community!

If the app has a “Get a file” module you should probably use that.

How did you map the fields in the Cognito Form “Get a file” module?

2 Likes

Hello ! Thank you for your answer.

I finally got the “Get a file” module to work.
Capture d’écran 2024-02-15 à 08.34.12

The mapping is quite simple : I just used the same Cognito Form as my connection and put the Id of the file from the trigger. Unfortunately, my problem stays the same : only one file is uploded in the Google Drive even though people put several files in this area of the form.

I think the problem is that there is only one Id from the Cognito Form trigger and that it takes the first one that was uploaded in the form.

I don’t have any idea of how to solve this.
Thank you if you have any !

You can use an iterator on the array variable, to get individual IDs.

Looks like you need to put this just before the get a file module?

2 Likes

Thank you ! Yes it is exactly what was needed.
First time to use iterator for me, I think I grasp the concept now.
Thank you !

1 Like

No problem, glad I could help!

1. If you have a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and

• allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

3. Don’t forget to like and bookmark this topic so you can get back to it easily in future!

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

2 Likes