Struggling With A MailChimp Automation 'Cause i Couldn't Figure Out Gmail's HTML

Hi All,

Trying to automate following up with prospective sales leads via email after having contacted them by phone. I couldn’t figure out how to automate gmail’s html so that the paragraphs weren’t all spaced out. (Tried using p tags, and apparently it just didn’t work?)

So anyway, I switched to Mailchimp, instead, and everything looks like it almost works, except I can’t update a campaign as I’d like – and keep getting this message, “The operation failed with an error. [400] Can only set content on campaigns with status ‘save’, ‘paused’, or ‘scheduled’.”

What’s more, when I go back to the actual campaign, itself, the campaign that is saved after I’ve run the scenario completely changes back to a template, like so:

Anyway, I’ve gotten the above error message, after marking a campaign as “scheduled” and for some reason, I’m still getting this error message. No idea why.

I’ve been at this for a few days, and I’m wondering, is it worth it just going back to Gmail?

If so, can anyone recommend how to setup a Mail/Gmail module’s HTML so that you can adjust the spacing so that it doesn’t look horrible? I feel like I tried using just

tags without more inline details and it just didn’t work.

Also, can anyone recommend how to add in data from other modules, e.g. ChatGPT so that you can automate portions of your email response within the Gmail or Mailchimp modules? Any special metadata details to look out for?

Thanks!

Hey @JimmyJ9000 - So I love that you’re trying to solve your own problem. That said, I think Mailchimp probably isn’t the right tool for the job in your case.

It sounds like you were super close with Gmail but what you were missing is what is called a break tag (
). You can use those to add one (or multiple) new lines between paragraph tags.

What you’d want to tell ChatGPT to do is to respond in HTML with line breaks between each paragraph and then pass that into gmail module.

What I usually recommend is setting up the automation at first to only create a draft and not send the email out just so you have a chance to proof read prior to it being sent back out.

Now, where this really becomes powerful is when you integrate ChatGPT (OpenAI) with your own company data to have the responses be contextually aware of you and your business so the responses are more tailored, but to do that there is a lot more moving parts involved.

Let me know if this helps or if you have any additional questions!

1 Like