Triggere/button in GMAIL Module

Hi Everybody

I need to understand if I can place inside the body of the email I am sending with the gmail module a link that then will activate a second part of my scenario.

From a conceptual point of view I am in need to create the following flow

1. Google Form (Public) reservation Module
  2. Email for internal use with two links/buttons one to approve one to refuse the request
  3. Clicking the link will need to “trigger” two different emails

Any help especially for point 2 and 3?

Thank you

You can use two different webhooks, and the data you need to pass to your webhook/scenarios, can be via query strings.

E.g.: (these are example webhook addresses that are not real)

https://hook.us1.make.com/yh903tw90yn3t490yhtqq82n9yt/?action=approve&id=12345
https://hook.us1.make.com/903ngvh5s98s340nhv3948s0vnr/?action=decline&id=12345
3 Likes

Thank you sam

if I understood correctly I need to place the two links in the body of the email and then connect each of them to each scenario back in MAKE.
Is that correct?
Thank you
D

Yes, that is correct, just change the ID so you know who the link is for.

Don’t forget to check if the link was already clicked before (expired), so that users can only either approve or decline once. If an action was previously taken, you might want to send back a custom webhook error response.

2 Likes

did not understand the second part of your answer
“Don’t forget to check if the link was already clicked before (expired), so that users can only either approve or decline once. If an action was previously taken, you might want to send back a custom webhook error response.”

can you please explain it to me again?

Thanks

Think of it this way: What should happen if the user clicks any button more than once?

Ok I see ther problem.
So how do I add a custom webhook error response.?

For Webhook responses, see these sections in the Help Center:

If you want to learn more about Make, you can read up in the Help Center. I also recommend doing the tutorials in the Make Academy.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!!

No problem, glad I could help!

In future, please create a new thread for each question. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answer. Thank you for your cooperation!

The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

• others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and
  • allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

Hey Sam

daniele again.

I have one more question. I understand how to make it work with the webhook but it is not clear to me how I can make "make: (lol) to recognize in which email the webhook as been clicked.

I’ll explain myself better.

I am trying to achieve the following:

User fill a google form to book a valet service
Internal Staff receive the email with the request and clicks “Approve” or “Refuse” on the email.
If approved webhook is triggered and the reservation is added in google calendar and send a confirmation mail to the User.

Now again…how can make understand if the webhook clicked is the one of the request sent by user1 or user2?

One more question…how can I take some parameters I have in the content of the email?
Or the webhook can only spot if it is clicked and that’s it?

before sending the email in the email template set the user email in query string in the webhook ,
?email=user1@gmail.com
and when they click you will have their email

thank you