WordPress connection issue

Hi!
I am trying to connect one of my website to a WordPress module.

I don’t know why, but I got a 401 error, that should be “wrong credentials”…

Those was my steps.
On WordPress:

1. Download, install and activate the Integromat plugin
  2. Click on the setting page and copy the API key

On Make:

1. Select the module and click on add connection
  2. Paste the API key
  3. Add the url like this https://test.planbproject.it/wp-json (3rd level domani, but it shouldn’t be a problem, right?)
  4. Click on “add” and go the error

I used the same process to connect to other websites, the only think that comes to my mind is some problem with the 3rd level domain…

Any idea on how to solve this problem?

@Giacomo_Lanzi I haven’t seen this issue before, so could you check the console in chrome by using the inspector?
Usually there is more information in the console to why its not working. What could be the reason possibly (no experience);

• Its a subdomain
  • You have a plugin blocking the connection
  • You have a firewall, plugin or some other security blocking the IP

Let me know
~Bjorn

Hi Drivn,
Here’s a screenshot of what I got in console:

As for the answer:

• Subdomains: I connect subdomains with the same method without problem, so I don’t think this is the issue here
  • Plugin: Test has been made activating the Integromat plugin alone, therefore I would exclude this hypothesis
  • Firewall or ip-blocking: I don’t use a firewall for that website (it’s the one I use to execute tests) and I have been trying from different locations, therefore ip-blocking shouldn’t be the issue.

Another note: connection works for the main domain, so I would exclude some sort of server-block issue.

Hi, did you ever resolve this problem? I’m getting the same error trying to connect a staging Wordpress site set up using WP Engine to Make.

@maxm
Sadly, I wasn’t able to solve the issue, and I just found another solution. I think it was some kind of test I was doing.
I didn’t try it again until today and I got the same error.

Bummer, but thanks for the reply. I wonder if it’s because it’s a sub-domain. I’ve been unable to get it to work on this staging site that I’m working on, but it worked fine when we integrated with our primary domain previously.

I used subdomains before, so I really have no clue what it could be the reason why it’s not working…

Same prob, I desactivate all securily in my hoster, all youtubers had no solution for that

Hi ! @Giacomo_Lanzi ,
I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution?
THANKS

Sadly, I han’t found any solution.

1 Like