Create a post on facebook page from video in telegram

Hi,

I desperately try to post videos I get on telegram to my facebook page.
I have connected to the telegram bot, that is ok.
But I can’t get the video published on my facebook page.
I put “message:video:file_id” in “data”:

But I get an error message from the facebook pages module.

When I run once, it looks like I get the correct information from telegram bot:

But on the facebook module side I get that:

(it is not a video size problem since I can upload the same video myself on my facebook page).

How can I get to publish the video? Thx :slight_smile:

Welcome to the Make community!

I think you shouldn’t be using file_id in the Data field.

What you need to do is use HTTP “Download a file” module to download the video first, then put the downloaded video data into that field.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your suggestion :), but I get the same problem: the http module needs a url, and I don’t know find any url in the elements extracted by the telegram module.

In fact what I am trying to achieve is getting media (if there is) and text from a selected tweet, quick edit the text, and upload media and text to a post in my facebook page.

I made a dev profile on twitter, but when I try to get tweets with Make I get an error message saying I need to have “basic” plan (too expensive for me): “The operation failed with an error. [403] Client Forbidden: You are trying to access v2 Twitter endpoint. Make sure you have a Basic plan at least. Learn more about Twitter v2 API access: Twitter API v2 support | Twitter Developer Platform”.
So I discarded that solution.

Then I found some telegram bots able to get the video and (part of) the tweet text by posting them the link to the tweet. But then I get that url problem :pensive:

Looks like Telegram has a “Download a file” module, which accepts the file_id. Could you use that to get the file?

3 Likes

It worked !!! You are a genius !!! Thanks a lot !

1 Like

No problem, glad I could help!

If you have a new question, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answer. Thank you for your cooperation!

The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

• others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and
  • allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049