Google Forms trigges again and again with the same output

Hey there,

i have one problem with a scenario of mine. Maybe you can help.

So the automation fetches answers from a google froms form with the normal google forms integration in make (Watch Response).

However it is triggering every 15-minutes for the same form that has been submittet and its going throug all the time again and again. How can i adjust the automation so it is only triggering once for every form submission?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Go to the Epoch Panel, by right-clicking on the trigger module (polling triggers only), and select “Choose where to start” from the list of options in the context menu.

If you select “From now on”, the next time the scenario runs it will only return new data (or nothing if there is no new data).

For more information, see

2 Likes

Hi @MichelC welcome to the Make Community :wave:

Just to follow up on what @samliew mentioned.

You can learn more about scheduling your scenario in this course in the Make Academy:

:mortar_board: If you’re curious about what else you can learn in the Make Academy, here’s an overview of all our courses.

1 Like

Hey,

thanks for your answer! However the automation is still triggering every 15 Minutes for the same forms submission…

Do you maybe have any other ideas?

Thank you!

This is because the module is a POLLING trigger, and not an INSTANT (Webhook) trigger.

There are two main types of triggers, Polling (scheduled), and Instant (webhooks). Polling triggers can only run on a schedule. Instant triggers can be run as soon as data is received by the webhook.

Polling means Make checks external service for changes (pull changes to Make).
Webhook (instant) triggers means external service calls Make when there are new changes (push changes to Make).

The module you are using does not push changes — it’s basically a API request that Make has to occasionally “call” to fetch the latest changes/items.

To find out more on the different types of Trigger modules, see refer to Types of Modules and Webhooks sections of the Make help center.

See if your app has an “Instant” or “Webhook” trigger in Make. If not, check if the third-party service has a feature that can send out a webhooks when content is created/updated - and then you can point it to a “Custom Webhook” trigger in your scenario.

2 Likes

Hey there,

thanks for your answer I get that! However that’s not the point. I know that the automation is checking ever 15-minutes for changes. That’s okay. But it is giving me the same form submission over and over again. Every 15 minutes.

That’s not how it should work right?

Thank you for your help!

Nope, that shouldn’t be the case if there are actually no new form submissions.

You might need to contact support if it’s a bug.

For bugs like this, directly contacting support can often lead to a faster resolution. They have access to your specific account details, scenario and scenario logs, server-side logs, and internal tools and resources, which allows them to investigate more thoroughly than what you have access to. Additionally, sharing sensitive information about your situation might not be suitable for an open forum discussion.

You can open a new ticket, or if you are unable to login for some reason, you also can reach support using the contact form on the website.

If you manage to get your issue resolved with support, we’d still love to hear about it! Sharing your solution on the forum can help others facing similar problems.

1 Like