How to set up a scenario that is triggered when a new item is created in Monday.com

Hello! I’m new to Make and am trying to set up a pretty simple scenario with Monday.com and can’t figure out how to make the scenario run automatically.

When a new item is created on a specific board, a new google doc is created, and then the link to that google doc is entered into a link column of the new item in Monday. The scenario works when I test it, but I can’t figure out how to get it to do it automatically, every time an item is created.

I tried using Watch Events, but couldn’t figure out how to get make to identify when new items are created in Monday. Can anyone help get this thing running automatically?

Welcome to the Make community!

1. Is the scenario turned on?
    Screenshot_2023-09-30_150946

2. Do you see this message / are there any queued items in the Webhook queue?
    Screenshot_2023-09-30_150921

You might need to clear your existing webhook queue before the newer data is processed. Click “Show queue” and delete all of the data, to only process new incoming webhooks from now on.

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

2 Likes

Hi @Kirk
You can schedule the scenario like this. Which will run immediately as data comes.

If you require additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
MSquare Support
Visit us here
Youtube Channel

1 Like

I turned the scenario on, and set it to immediately. Whenever I create a new item in Monday.com, it doesn’t trigger the event. If I click “Run one” I can see the scenario waiting for input, I create the item, and it works perfectly. I’m not sure what’s wrong with how it’s set up.

Scheduling is turned on, and I have not received that massage. I don’t actually know how to clear exiting Webhooks. Can you point out where to do that?

I found the queue, cleared it of past webhooks from earlier attempts that I didn’t do correctly. Now it’s working! Thanks for the help!

No problem, glad I could help!

1. If you have a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

• others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and
  • allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

3. Don’t forget to like and bookmark this topic so you can get back to it easily in future!

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the Make unofficial Discord server!

1 Like